Opening: Education and Partnerships Coordinator
Are you a skilled trainer and civic organizer committed to sustaining and strengthening democracy in the United States? Do you believe in the power of nonprofits and nonpartisan voter engagement? If so, we have an opportunity to put your skills to work in a mission-driven environment to foster a more engaged and inclusive democracy.
Nonprofit VOTE equips our nation’s nonprofits with nonpartisan tools and resources to help the communities they serve participate in voting and democracy. In doing so, we seek to close participation gaps among populations underrepresented in the political process. Additionally, Nonprofit VOTE manages the collaborative work of National Voter Registration Day, a single day of coordinated ﬁeld, technology, and media strategies to raise awareness of voter registration opportunities and help hundreds of thousands of Americans register to vote.
As the education and partnerships coordinator, your objective is to increase the capacity of nonprofits to integrate voter engagement into their programs and services by providing regular educational content and trainings. You will manage Nonprofit VOTE’s popular monthly webinar series (leading an average of 1 webinar a month), design and lead custom workshops online and at conferences for national and state partners, steward relationships with a portfolio of partners to help them deepen their levels of voter engagement as an organization, help develop toolkits and how-to guides that build voter engagement capacity among our partners, and cultivate a deep understanding of voter engagement best practices in the process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage webinar series:
- Identify topics and recruit speakers for Nonprofit VOTE’s monthly webinar series.
- Serve as moderator of webinars, ensuring participant engagement and topical focus.
- Promote partner participation in National Voter Registration Day and other relevant initiatives.
- Deliver a comprehensive curriculum on nonpartisan voter engagement via Nonprofit VOTE communication channels:
- Draft written content for biweekly newsletters and regular social media posts, pointing our audience to timely resources and opportunities.
- Conduct annual audits and make updates as needed to factsheets and guidance in the Nonprofit VOTE resource library and National Voter Registration Day field organizing guide.
- Coordinate advance publicity and after-the-fact posting of webinar content with communication staff.
- Manage a portfolio of organizational relationships:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for partners looking to deepen their voter engagement programs
- Design and implement custom workshops and webinars for partners that convey vital information in an engaging manner.
- Stay abreast of voter engagement best practices and current research. Integrate that analysis using easy-to-understand language into webinars, workshops, and toolkits.
- Provide support to Nonprofit VOTE’s broad programmatic work as needed.
- Participate in joint planning sessions and work collaboratively with other staff.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent writing skills and experience translating complex subjects into clear and accessible language.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to convey vital content in easy-to-understand and interactive ways, using both online and offline formats.
- Ability to effectively utilize presentation technologies, such as PowerPoint, Google Slides, and Zoom webinar functions.
- Understand the role of nonpartisan voter registration and get-out-the-vote work in strengthening democracy and closing participation gaps.
- Curious person able to engage in deep study of voter engagement best practices and current research, and convey those lessons to others in easy-to-understand ways.
- Skills, comfort, and enthusiasm building new relationships and approaching new partners via phone and in-person.
- Experience working within diverse communities.
- A bachelors degree or equivalent nonprofit experience.
- At least four years of civic engagement, community outreach, electoral, grassroots advocacy, or organizing experience.
- Ability to travel out-of-state.
This position will pay between $65,000 and $80,000 based on experience and location. Health, dental, retirement, and other benefits are provided. Please use our web form below to submit your resume, and writing samples. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so interested parties are encouraged to submit materials as soon as possible.
Nonprofit VOTE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. These values are reflected in our external work to engage communities often marginalized in voting and elections. Internally, we seek to build and empower a diverse staff and leadership team. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.