In honor of Thanksgiving, we wanted to share just a few of the many things Nonprofit VOTE is grateful for this year.
We’re thankful for…
- Our amazing network of state and national partners and their commitment to expanding nonprofit voter engagement among their affiliates.
- Election Day Registration because it ensures that everyone who wants to vote can, without having to worry about missing the registration deadline.
- Early voting opportunities–both by mail and in-person–that make voting more convenient and accessible for everyone.
- The upcoming 2012 election, because after two years of nonstop talk and speculation, it’s finally less than a year away. (Sign up for our December 1st webinar on making a 2012 voter engagement plan.)
- The elections officials, Secretaries of State, local elections boards, and registrars who make elections happen!
This is a short list and doesn’t even begin to cover the thousands of local nonprofits registering and engaging voters everyday. So while we don’t have space to write out every thing, person, election reform, and organization we’re thankful for, we still want to say “Thank you!”
Happy Thanksgiving from Nonprofit VOTE!