Given that the CDC, many states and localities are asking for organizations to limit the number of people at gatherings and many events are being canceled, you may want to consider alternatives for GOTC outreach in your communities. The following are a few suggestions for outreach:
- Remind the communities you serve that it has never been easier and more accessible to respond to the census online, over the phone, or by mail.
- Share the message that the census website – my2020Census.gov – is live and residents can fill out the form via phone in English and 12 non-English languages. Here is a guide to share on how to start that process.
- Consider phone banking, text bank, emails, and other strategies to encourage the Hard to Count communities you serve to participate in the census.
- Census Digital U offers on-demand digital training focused on effective GOTC practices like SMS, online advertising, integrating online/offline are covered at length, and featuring various digital organizing experts.
- See other resources like the State Voices Field Guide, the Community Connect Labs, Coronavirus Demands a Quantum Leap in Organizing.
Learn more at censuscounts.org