Job Opening: Field Assistant
Nonprofit VOTE’s field program coordinates community-based activities in partnership with local and state human service nonprofits. This position will play a key role in creating and updating voter engagement resources, supporting data collection, and providing technical assistance to state partners. The Field Assistant will report to the Program Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work with the Field and Research Coordinator to provide partner organizations in 4-6 states with resources to support the implementation of voter registration, education, and engagement programs with their local nonprofits.
- Provide prompt, positive, and helpful “customer service” to partners throughout the program cycle. Track down answers to partner questions and work collaboratively to resolve issues.
- Create custom voter engagement materials or “swag” for partners:
- Adapt printed and digital formats of pledge-to-vote cards and web forms for partners in each state
- Coordinate with third party vendors to design, order, and track delivery of printed materials and supplies
- Participate in pack and ship of voter engagement “kits” as needed
- Develop and field test online tools for blended organizing, including setting up or updating WordPress sites that feature a suite of voter engagement tools
- Support data collection and documentation:
- Monitor and maintain voter contact tracking tools, checking for accuracy and making regular updates
- Scan and process paper based records into electronic system
- Prepare voter lists for get out the vote outreach and data analysis
- Maintain a folder that includes each partners’ voter lists, design files, meeting notes, and other files.
- Collect data from election web sites and other reliable sources on state laws governing voter registration drives and steps for voters to cast their ballot.
- Participate in team meetings and work collaboratively with other staff nationwide.
Who We’re Looking For
- This is an entry level position. Promising candidates will have six months or more experience in one of the following:
- Nonpartisan voter engagement or electoral campaign experience, ideally leading volunteers or canvassing operations
- Community-based organizing or work with a nonprofit organization
- National Community Service (such as AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, etc) or military service
- Tech savvy: The Field Assistant is expected to become proficient in WordPress, Formsite, Action Network, Vidado and other tools with training during their first months in the role. Prior experience with these specific platforms is not necessary, but the right candidate will be excited to explore new features and find ways to maximize efficiency.
- Detail oriented: Well-organized, methodical, and consistent about checking and testing tools and resources to ensure their accuracy and functionality.
- Persistent: Diligent troubleshooter and creative problem-solver. Willing to explore FAQs, youtube tutorials, and customer service chatbots in order to find a solution.
- Team player: Communicative, friendly, and helpful whether you’re collaborating with our staff, a vendor, or our partners.
- Experience working within diverse communities highly desired, bilingual skills a plus.
This position will pay between $45,000 and $55,000 depending on experience. Health, dental, retirement, and other benefits provided. Please fill out the application below, including uploading a resume and work sample.
Position may be located in Boston/Cambridge, MA (preferred) or remotely with occasional travel to the home office.
Nonprofit VOTE is committed to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. These values are reflected in our external work to engage marginalized communities in voting and elections. Internally, we seek to build and empower a diverse staff and leadership team. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Nonprofit VOTE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.