Job Opening: Partner Engagement Manager
Are you an experienced collaborator, trainer, or voter engagement professional concerned about the state of our democracy? Do you believe in the power of human service nonprofits and community-based organizations to engage their respective communities through nonpartisan voter engagement? If so, we have an opportunity for you to put those skills to work in a mission-driven environment to foster a more inclusive democracy!
As the partner engagement manager, you will steward relationships with a portfolio of key organizations to help strengthen their voter engagement programs, cultivate a deep understanding of voter engagement best practices, and help develop resources and how-to guides that build voter engagement capacity among our partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain relations and ongoing communications with key national allies and partners, including major nonprofit networks (“strategic partners”) like United Way, YMCA, and Goodwill. Establish clear and realistic goals in collaboration with national partners for deepening their level of voter engagement work.
- Leverage existing relations to outreach to and recruit new strategic partners and state nonprofit councils to participate in National Voter Registration Day, field programs, and special campaigns.
- Identify opportunities to bring Nonprofit VOTE’s resources to bear in supporting the voter engagement activities of partners, including development of branded voter engagement campaigns, distribution of existing materials through the group’s network, and presentations at key meetings and conferences.
- Represent Nonprofit VOTE in public speaking engagements, at plenaries, and similar events. Occasionally lead or co-lead trainings, workshops and webinars for key nonprofit partners.
- Stay abreast of voter engagement best practices and current research. Integrate that analysis using easy-to-understand language into webinars, workshops, and toolkits.
- Manage special campaigns, including Nonprofit Staff Vote campaign, by spearheading partner recruitment, collaborating on communications strategies, and developing resources to support the campaigns.
- Provide support to Nonprofit VOTE’s broad programmatic work as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- “Big picture thinker” with the ability to manage and track multiple organization relationships and related work plans to achieve mutually-beneficial outcomes.
- Savvy networker with skills, comfort, and enthusiasm building new relationships and approaching new partners via phone and in-person.
- Compelling public speaker and ability to convey vital content in easy-to-understand and interactive ways, using both online and offline formats.
- Understand the role of nonpartisan voter registration and get-out-the-vote work in strengthening democracy and closing participation gaps.
- Curious person able to engage in deep study of voter engagement best practices and current research, as well as related policy changes, and convey those lessons to others in easy-to-understand ways.
- Cultural competence and experience working within diverse communities.
- At least 3 to 5 years of civic engagement, community outreach, electoral, grassroots advocacy, or organizing experience.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent nonprofit experience.
- Broad knowledge of nonprofit sector and experience working in human service agencies a plus.
- Ability to travel out-of-state.
Please fill out form below — including a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples — by July 31.
This position will pay between $60,000 and $70,000 depending on experience. Health, dental, retirement, and other benefits provided. This position will be based in Washington, DC and requires travel.
Nonprofit VOTE is committed to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. These values are reflected in our external work to engage marginalized communities in voting and elections. Internally, we seek to build and empower a diverse staff and leadership team. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Nonprofit VOTE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.