Opening: Program Associate (National Voter Registration Day)
About National Voter Registration Day
National Voter Registration Day is a single day of nonpartisan, coordinated media and field events designed to raise awareness of voter registration opportunities, deadlines, and processes across the nation. This celebration of National Voter Registration Day is a single day of nonpartisan, coordinated media and field events designed to raise awareness of voter registration opportunities, deadlines, and processes across the nation. This celebration of democracy helps hundreds of thousands of people get registered each year. The holiday is made possible by thousands of partners across the country, including nonprofits, colleges and universities, election officials, businesses, and community groups, alongside key national media partners, sports teams, celebrities, and influencers. This year, National Voter Registration Day falls on September 20th.
As the managing partner, Nonprofit VOTE provides core staffing and fiscal management for the collaborative holiday. Both Nonprofit VOTE and National Voter Registration Day are committed to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. These values are reflected in our external work to foster a more inclusive democracy. Internally, we seek to build and empower a diverse staff and leadership team. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Nonprofit VOTE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position plays a key role by developing and updating resources, supporting partners, and assisting with data collecting and reporting. Working closely with the National Voter Registration Day Program Director and Communications Specialist, the Program Associate will engage, energize, and equip partners across the country to help ensure the success of the individual partners and the broader holiday.
- Monitor the NVRD email account and promptly answer partner questions or refer them to the appropriate team member
- Create or adapt training materials and assets for partner use, including working with translation vendors, researching state laws, and drafting content
- Use our CRM, Action Network, to track partner sign-ups and pull partner reports
- Research and compile outreach list for potential new partners
- Troubleshoot shipping and logistics issues by communicating with team staff and partners
- Provide back end support for Zoom meetings, webinars, and office-hours, including scheduling, monitoring RSVPs, creating slide decks, coordinating with guest speakers, and ensuring follow up materials are sent out
- Assist with the design, collection, and analysis of post-NVRD partner surveys
- Participate in team meetings and work collaboratively with other staff nationwide.
It takes months of groundwork to lay the foundation for the holiday’s success, which the Program Associate will assist with. On the day of National Voter Registration Day (September 20), the entire team will celebrate the work together and ensure partners have what they need, monitor the holiday’s success in real time, amplify messages in collaboration with key partners, and share breaking news with our thousands of partners across the nation.
Who We’re Looking For
- This is an entry level position, temporary position. Promising candidates will have experience, volunteer or paid, in one of the following:
- Nonpartisan voter engagement or electoral campaign experience, ideally leading volunteers or canvassing operations
- Community-based organizing or work with a nonprofit organization
- Project or program management experience
- Detail oriented: Well-organized, methodical, and consistent about checking and reviewing tools and resources to ensure their accuracy and usability
- Team player: Communicative, friendly, and helpful whether you’re collaborating with our staff or partners.
- Experience working within diverse communities highly desired, bilingual skills a plus.
This is a full time (40 hours per week) temporary position starting between June 13 and July 11, 2022 and ending on October 14, 2022. This position may be done remotely but standard working hours between 9am-5pm EST are required. Hourly rate for this position is $23/hr – $26/hour plus a completion bonus of $2,000 on October 14. Health and dental benefits included.