Last week, National Voter Registration Day released their 2013 Field and Communications report. Despite 2013 being an off-year election cycle, the second annual NVRD had a presence in all 50 states and remained a popular event. Additionally, secretaries of state across the country embraced National Voter Registration Day in 2013. Last year:
- 931 partners and 4,313 volunteers participated.
- They coordinated 809 voter registration events.
- 56,196 people registered to vote.
- NVRD 2013 was mentioned in more than 700 news stories.
- The official hashtag, #CelebrateNVRD, trended twice nationally on Twitter.
The 2014 midterm election will provide an even greater opportunity for organizations across the country to talk to their communities about registering and voting.
Mark your calendar and visit nationalvoterregistrationday.org to sign up to participate this year on Tuesday September 23rd.