Thank you to everyone who was able to attend last week’s webinar “Getting Started in 2016.” We would also like to thank you for the great questions. If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact Lindsey Hodel or Julian Johannesen.
As a part of our “Ready for 2016” initiative, Nonprofit VOTEwill be rolling out new and updated resources almost every month in 2016!
Our “2016 Voter Registration and Engagement Timeline” providers a month by month checklist for planning your organization’s voter registration and voter outreach activities in the lead up to the 2016 presidential election.
Our “Getting Started with Voter Engagement” checklist offers a quick, two-page summary of everything you need to know and plan for when beginning your voter outreach activities.
Together, the two checklists make a perfect complement to the webinar. The Spanish editions will be available soon.
Additional resources will be released during our upcoming webinars.
Here are a few of the other resources we mentioned during the webinar:
- Benefits of Voting – Read more about the benefits of voting in these factsheets
- Engaging New Voters – Full Report – Our 2014 study of nonprofit voter outreach and its effects on voter turnout.
- Voting in Your State Tool
- League of Women Voters’ Vote411.org
- Nonprofits, Voting and Elections Online
- Bolder Advocacy – A great source of information on nonprofit voter engagement and lobbying.
- Fair Elections Legal Network’s State Voter Registration Guides – All the detail you could ever ask for!
- National Voter Registration Day
- Nonprofit Votes Count
- 1-800-NPLOBBY – Bolder Advocacy’s hotline
RSVP for Our Next Webinar:
The Benefits of Voting: Making the Case for Nonprofit Voter Outreach
Thursday, February 25th, 2:00PM ET, 11:00AM PT
How might voting improve the lives of the people you serve? In fact, there are many benefits to voting for voters – from reduced recidivism among ex-offenders to an increased sense of efficacy among voters in general. And there are just as many benefits for your nonprofit, when you encourage your clients and constituents to vote. In this webinar, we’ll discuss recent research on the benefits of voting and some of the best arguments for why nonprofits should be doing voter outreach.