Job Opening: Communications Intern
Nonprofit VOTE partners with America’s nonprofits to help the people they serve participate and vote – with the goal of closing participation gaps among populations underrepresented in the political process. Nonprofit VOTE provides training and resources for community-based nonprofits and social service agencies to incorporate effective and tested nonpartisan voter engagement into their ongoing services and activities.
The communications intern will focus primarily on supporting both Nonprofit VOTE and National Voter Registration Day’s online presence, including both organizations’ websites, social media channels, and mass email.
- Update websites for Nonprofit VOTE and National Voter Registration Day
- Provide email marketing support, including preparation of audience lists, email formatting, scheduling, and reporting
- Provide webinar marketing support, including website and social media marketing
- Maintain and update social media content on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, including original graphics
- Create social media advertising campaigns
- Work collaboratively with supervisors to expand social media foot print
- Track the social media channels’ performance and report on findings
- Assist staff with research, data logging projects, and administrative duties as needed
- Comfort with WordPress, email marketing services like MailChimp and Constant Contact, and basic HTML and CSS
- Social media savvy, particularly with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Hootsuite
- Experience with CRMs like Salesforce or FileMaker
- Previous nonprofit or advocacy experience a plus
- Experience with Adobe Design Suite and Canva a plus
Application Directions: Please email a cover letter and resume addressed to Julian Johannesen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Dec. 31st.
Paid internship: $11/hour,. 15-20 hours a week, internship available for the entirety of 2018. Start date will be early January. Intern is expected to be in office – this is NOT a remote position.
Location: Cambridge, MA