Nonprofit VOTE is growing and looking to add a Partner Engagement Coordinator to our team!
Are you an experienced collaborator, trainer, or voter engagement professional concerned about the state of our democracy? Do you believe in the power of human service nonprofits and community-based organizations to engage their respective communities through nonpartisan voter engagement? If so, we have an opportunity for you to put those skills to work in a mission-driven environment to foster a more inclusive democracy!
Nonprofit VOTE partners with America’s nonprofits to help the people they serve participate and vote, with the goal of closing participation gaps among populations underrepresented in the political process. We are the largest source of nonpartisan resources to help nonprofits integrate voter engagement into their ongoing activities and services. Additionally, Nonprofit VOTE manages the collaborative work of National Voter Registration Day, a single day of coordinated ﬁeld, technology, and media strategies to raise awareness of voter registration opportunities and help hundreds of thousands of Americans register to vote.
Job Description: Partner Engagement Coordinator
As the partner engagement coordinator, you will steward relationships with a portfolio of key organizations to help strengthen their voter engagement programs, cultivate a deep understanding of voter engagement best practices, lead trainings and formal presentations, and help develop resources and how-to guides tailored to the needs of our partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain relations and ongoing communications with key national allies and partners, including major nonprofit networks (“strategic partners”) like United Way, National Council of Nonprofits, YWCA, and Volunteers of America. Establish clear and realistic goals in collaboration with national partners for deepening their level of voter engagement work.
- Leverage existing relations to outreach to and recruit new strategic partners and state nonprofit councils.
- Establish clear and realistic goals in collaboration with strategic partners and state nonprofit councils for deepening their level of voter engagement work.
- Identify opportunities to bring Nonprofit VOTE’s resources to bear in supporting the voter engagement activities of partners, including development of branded voter engagement campaigns, distribution of existing materials through the group’s network, and presentations at key meetings and conferences.
- Represent Nonprofit VOTE in public speaking engagements, at plenaries, and similar events. Occasionally lead or co-lead trainings, workshops and webinars for key nonprofit partners using Nonprofit VOTE’s curriculum and resource materials.
- Stay abreast of voter engagement best practices and current research. Integrate that analysis using easy-to-understand language into webinars, workshops, and toolkits.
- Provide support to Nonprofit VOTE’s broad programmatic work as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Willingness to design and take ownership of strategic partnerships program under the direction of the executive director.
- “Big picture thinker” with the ability to manage and track multiple organization relationships to achieve mutually-beneficial outcomes.
- Savvy networker with skills, comfort, and enthusiasm building new relationships and approaching new partners via phone and in-person.
- Understand the role of nonpartisan voter registration and get-out-the-vote work in strengthening democracy and closing participation gaps.
- Curious person able to engage in deep study of voter engagement best practices and current research, and convey those lessons to others in easy-to-understand ways.
- Compelling public speaker and ability to convey vital content in easy-to-understand and interactive ways, using both online and offline formats.
- Cultural competence and experience working within diverse communities.
- A bachelors degree or equivalent nonprofit experience.
- At least 4 to 6 years of civic engagement, community outreach, electoral, grassroots advocacy, or organizing experience.
- Broad knowledge of nonprofit sector and experience working in human service agencies a plus.
- Ability to travel out-of-state.
This position will pay between $60,000 and $70,000 depending on experience. Health, dental, retirement, and other benefits provided. Please send cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples using the form below. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
This position will be based in Washington, DC and requires travel.
Nonprofit VOTE is committed to values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. These values are reflected in our external work to engage marginalized communities in voting and elections. Internally, we seek to build and empower a diverse staff and leadership team. People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Nonprofit VOTE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.